The following terms (these “Payment Terms”) govern payments you make or receive through remoteafs.com (the “Site”), operated by Remote AFS Proprietary Limited (0A Century Drive, Century City, 7441, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa).
Remote AFS Proprietary Limited processes all card payments from South Africa.
Please read these Payment Terms carefully before making or receiving payments through the Site. By making or receiving payments through the Site, you accept and agree, on behalf of yourself or on behalf of your employer or any other entity (if applicable), to be bound and abide by these Payment Terms. These Terms are supplemental to Remote AFS’s General Terms of Service and Commercial Terms, as applicable (collectively, the “Terms of Service”).
Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the respective meanings given to them in the Terms of Service.
Remote AFS Balance is the aggregated amount of your Revenue as an Accountant and/or returned payments from canceled orders as a Client.
Payment Services Provider(s) are service providers that provide payment services to Clients and Accountants in connection with the Remote AFS platform, including with respect to collection of funds from Clients in connection with purchases, remittance and withdrawal of funds to Accountants, currency exchange services in connection with payments and withdrawals in local currencies, and the holding of funds in connection with Remote AFS Balances.
Revenue is the money that Accountants earn from completed orders and can either withdraw or use to purchase on Remote AFS, subject to these Terms.
- Each Task you sell and successfully complete, accredits your account with revenue equal to 95% of the purchase amount.
- Remote AFS accredits Accountants once an order is completed. See the “Orders” section in the Terms of Service for a definition of a completed order.
- If an order is canceled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Client’s Remote AFS Balance.
- Accountants are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any GST, VAT or income tax, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction. Accountants represent and warrant that they comply, and will comply at all times, with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. The price shown on the Task Detail page is inclusive of all such taxes and charges that may apply to the Accountants.
- Appointment as Limited Payment Collection Agent: Accountant hereby appoints Remote AFS as Accountant’s limited authorised payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments (via its Payment Services Provider, if applicable) from Client, and remitting those payments to Accountant. Accountant agrees that payment from Client to Remote AFS shall be considered the same as a made directly to Accountant. Client’s payment obligation to Accountant will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by Remote AFS (or its Payment Services Provider, as applicable), and Remote AFS (via its Payment Services Provider, as applicable) is responsible for remitting the funds to the Accountant in the manner described in these Payment Terms. In the event that Remote AFS (via Payment Services Provider) does not remit any such amounts to Accountant, the Accountant will have recourse only against Remote AFS and not the Client directly. Accountant agrees that Remote AFS may describe or otherwise reflect the terms contained herein in any terms of service, receipts, disclosures, or notices including, but not limited to, receipts provided to Clients that Remote AFS may deem necessary or prudent.
- Remote AFS partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting payments from Clients, transferring such payments from Clients to Accountants, and holding funds in connection with Remote AFS Balances. All payments services in connection with the withdrawal of funds on the Remote AFS platform are performed by Remote AFS’s Payment Services Providers.
- To withdraw your revenue, you must have an account with at least one of Remote AFS’s Payment Service Providers for the withdrawal methods listed below. All funds eligible for Withdrawal will be held on your behalf at an account with Remote AFS’s Payment Services Provider. All payment services, including withdrawal services, will be provided by Remote AFS’s Payment Services Provider.
- Your Remote AFS profile can be associated with only one account from each Remote AFS withdrawal method. A Payment Service Provider withdrawal account can be associated with only one Remote AFS profile.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Earnings page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete. Top Rated Accountants are eligible to withdraw revenue following a safety clearance period of 7 days after the order is marked as complete.
- Accountants may withdraw their revenues using one of Remote AFS’s withdrawal options (see Withdrawal Section below regarding payment terms). To withdraw your available revenue, you must click on the designated withdrawal provider to initiate the withdrawal process.
- For security concerns, Remote AFS may temporarily disable an Accountant’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behaviour reported by other users, or associating multiple Remote AFS accounts to a single withdrawal provider.
- Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
- Withdrawal fees vary depending on the withdrawal method.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to reverse this process once it has begun.
- In certain cases, Accountants may withdraw Revenues in several different currencies. All currency exchange services in connection with such withdrawals are performed by Remote AFS’s Payment Services Providers. Your Remote AFS Balance is always derived from its US$ value and, therefore, the local currency amount of your Remote AFS Balance may change daily in accordance with exchange rate fluctuations and also includes conversion fees. Accountants always have the option to withdraw Revenues in US$.
- Accountants will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Remote AFS’s approval.
- Local Bank Transfer (LBT) – US$3 per transfer*.
* Additional fees may apply based on your location and currency.
- Clients pay Remote AFS to create an order from an Accountant’s Task Detail page or Custom Offer, using the Order Now button. Remote AFS partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting all payments from Clients, transferring such payments from Clients to Accountants, and holding funds in connection with Remote AFS Balances. All payments services in connection with the collection of funds on the Remote AFS platform are performed by Remote AFS’s Payment Services Providers.
- Remote AFS serves as Accountant’s limited authorised payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments (via its Payment Services Provider, if applicable) from Client, and remitting those payments to Accountant. Client’s payment obligation to Accountant will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by Remote AFS (or its Payment Services Provider, as applicable), and Remote AFS (via its Payment Service Provider, as applicable) is responsible for remitting the funds to the Accountant in the manner described in these Payment Terms. In the event that Remote AFS (via Payment Services Provider) does not remit any such amounts to Accountant, the Accountant will have recourse only against Remote AFS and not the Client directly.
- In most locations, purchases on Remote AFS can be made by using one of the following payment methods: Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), Credit Card, Remote AFS Credits or existing Remote AFS Balance. Additional payment methods may apply in certain locations.
- Service fees are added at the time of purchase where you can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of September 2022, the service fees are 5.5% of the purchase amount.
- Your existing Remote AFS Balance will be automatically applied to your next purchase.
- You may not offer Accountants to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the remoteafs.com site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You agree to receive invoices and/or payment receipts from Remote AFS in electronic form as PDF documents, by email or through the Site.
- By using any payment method and/or providing payment details for making purchases on Remote AFS, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are legally authorised to provide such information; (b) you are legally authorised or have permission to make payments using the payment method(s); (c) if you are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the payment method, you are authorised by that company or person to use the payment method to make payments on Remote AFS; and (d) such actions do not violate any applicable law.
- You can pay on Remote AFS in several different currencies. For your convenience, prices will be rounded up to the closest number. At checkout, you will see the accurate amount to be paid. Unless stated otherwise, you will be charged in the currency displayed on the payment page. All currency exchange services in connection with payments in local currencies are performed by Remote AFS’s Payment Services Providers. In certain cases, however, when certain currencies are not supported by certain payment methods, you will be charged in US$ even if the price is displayed in another currency. In any event, the actual charged amount (in the actual payment currency) will be clearly disclosed to you before you complete the payment.
- Note that all prices on Remote AFS are derived always from their original US$ price and, therefore, non-US$ currency prices may change daily in accordance with exchange rate fluctuations and may also include conversion fees. Clients always have the option to pay in US$ by changing their currency.
- If you paid for an Order in a currency other than US$ and your Order was later canceled for any reason, the amount returned to your Remote AFS Balance would be based on the exchange rate as of the date of cancellation. Therefore, the returned amount may vary from the paid amount in local currency terms, while always maintaining the same US$ value.
- Your Remote AFS Balance is always valued in US$, even if it is displayed in a non-US$ currency. Therefore, should you choose to view your Remote AFS Balance in any currency other than US$, it may change daily in accordance with exchange rate fluctuations, while always maintaining the same US$ value. Users always have the option to view their Remote AFS Balance in US$ by changing their selected displayed currency.
Remote AFS Credits
In certain instances, Remote AFS may offer you credits (“Remote AFS Credits” or “Credits”), either for promotional purposes or otherwise, to be used for purchasing Tasks and/or other services offered on the Site. Your available Credit balance will appear in your account. Your valid Remote AFS Credits will be automatically applied to your next purchase and can be viewed in your order summary after you place the order. Unless stated otherwise, Remote AFS Credits expire following three months from their receipt. Remote AFS Credits serve only as an incentive to use Remote AFS, and, therefore, are not redeemable for cash, have no cash value and are nonrefundable. Once used, Remote AFS Credits may not be returned to your account even if your Order gets canceled. Remote AFS Credits may be subject to additional conditions and restrictions as will be disclosed to You upon receipt of the Credits. Credits may be voided in the event of fraud, misuse, or violation of these Terms. Remote AFS reserves the right to modify or cancel the Remote AFS Credits program at any time. If you or Remote AFS deactivate or suspend your Remote AFS account, any unused Remote AFS Credits in your account will be forfeited.
From time to time we may offer you promo codes for purchasing Tasks and/or other services offered on the Site, on special discounts. Promo Codes are valid only for purchases on Remote AFS and are subject to different time limitations and will expire after their predefined term. To exercise your promo code, simply enter the code on the checkout page. If you fail to do so, your purchase will not be eligible for the discount. Promo codes are limited to one use per user and may not be used or combined with any other promotion. For orders that are composed of one or more milestones, the promo code will apply to the first milestone only. Promo Codes do not apply to Remote AFS Credits. Promo codes may be subject to additional conditions and restrictions as will be disclosed to you upon receipt of the promo codes. Promo codes may be voided in the event of fraud, misuse, or violation of the Terms of Service. Remote AFS reserves the right to modify or cancel promo codes at any time.
- Remote AFS may be required by applicable laws to charge users with indirect taxes (such as Sales Tax, VAT or GST) or to withhold taxes. Any amount Remote AFS will be required to collect will be in addition to the purchase amount and any other fees payable by the Client, and any amount Remote AFS will be required to withhold will be deducted from the Accountant’s revenue, as required by applicable laws.
- Indirect taxes are in addition to the price shown on the site, and in any event, any such taxes will always be displayed to the Client before payment.
- Users are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any GST, VAT, or income tax, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction.
Disputes and Cancellations
We encourage our Clients and Accountants to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Remote AFS’s Customer Support department for assistance at email@example.com
- Order cancellations can be performed on Remote AFS, when eligible, by Customer Support or through the Resolution Center per order.
- Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation of these Payment Terms. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled. Note: Once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- In the event that you encounter an issue related to the service provided in an order, you are encouraged to use the Site’s dispute resolution tools to attempt to resolve the matter.
- Remote AFS, through its Payment Services Provider, reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
- All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the Client shall be subject to full payment and the delivery may not be used if payment is canceled for any reason.
- If an order is canceled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Client’s Remote AFS Balance.
- Revisions to deliveries can be performed by Accountants based on the Accountant’s Task and customer care. Accountants may determine the amount of revisions they wish to offer, including no revisions.
- Requests for revisions can be performed through the Order Page while the order is marked as Delivered.
- Requesting to gain more services from Accountants beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.
- Remote AFS encourages Clients and Accountants to resolve service disputes mutually using the Resolution Center.
- Eligibility for requests to Remote AFS to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Remote AFS delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.
- Completed orders (or, where applicable, completed milestones) may be canceled, upon review of our Customer Support team, up to 14 days after the order (or Milestone) is marked as complete. Please be advised that orders cannot be partially canceled (i.e. we can only cancel the entire order when it is justified).
- In rare circumstances where we find it appropriate, our Customer Support team may cancel a completed order even after 14 days have passed from its completion. In such cases, the amounts paid for the canceled order will be returned to the Client’s Remote AFS Balance and will be deducted from the Accountant’s Remote AFS Balance or, if there are no sufficient amounts in the Accountant’s Remote AFS Balance, from future revenues of such Accountant.
- Orders are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Accountant if the service was rendered as described in the Task Detail Page. You may rate your experience with the Accountant on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.
- You must use Remote AFS Resolution Center to address your concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their Accountant prior to contacting Customer Support. Customer Support will not take any action against Orders where the applicable has failed to inform their Accountant of issues related to the Accountant’s service and will allow Accountants to provide a resolution first. This does not include non-permitted usage of Remote AFS.
- Any non-permitted usage of Remote AFS encountered during an Order, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in the order being canceled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behaviour, or other violations of Remote AFS’s Terms of Service.
- Remote AFS Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
Active orders (after requirements were submitted to the Accountant and before the Accountant delivers on Remote AFS):
- The Accountant is late and unresponsive for more than 24 hours while the order is marked as Late.
- Users are abusive towards the other party through threats of low ratings or leveraging order materials (such as logins, personal information) against each other.
- Users supplied or included copyright/trademark infringing materials as part of their requirements or the Accountant’s delivery.
- The user is no longer an active Remote AFS user due to Terms of Service violations or closure of their account.
Delivered Orders (after the Accountant clicks Deliver Now and before the order is marked as complete)
- The Accountant uses the Delivery system to extend the delivery due date to complete the requested service without providing the final delivered service. Note: Multiple reported offenses will result in permanent suspension of your account.
- The Accountant delivers no files and/or proof of work related to the agreed upon order requirements. Note: Subjectivity of the materials in question will be reviewed by our Customer Support team.
- The Accountant requests additional payments, on or off the Remote AFS platform, by withholding the final delivery of services directly related to the agreed requirements.
- The Accountant is withholding the final delivery of services for improved ratings.
- Users who abuse the Request Revisions button to gain more services from Accountants beyond the agreed requirements.
- Users who threaten to leave a damaging review to gain more services from the Accountant not related to the agreed requirements.
Completed Orders (after the order is marked as complete and before the 14-day limitation)
- Users who have been reported to use copyright/trademark infringing materials after verification and with proof.
- Remote AFS Customer Support will review cases of Order delivery manipulation that prevents users from fully utilising our Resolution Center that enabled the order to be marked as complete.
Remote AFS reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of Accountants. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the Accountant’s favour. If the chargeback case allows, Remote AFS (or one of Remote AFS’s Payment Services Providers) will return parts or full revenue back to Accountants, otherwise the chargeback amount will be borne by the Accountant.
- Remote AFS does not automatically refund payments made for canceled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order cancellations are returned to the Client’s Remote AFS Balance and are available for future purchases on Remote AFS. Remote AFS returns service fees to your Remote AFS Balance once an order is canceled. In any event, if the service fees were not returned to your Remote AFS Balance following an order cancelation, such service fees’ amount will be exempted from your next purchase on Remote AFS.
- Deposit refunds (i.e. refunds directly to your payment provider) can be performed by our Customer Support team, based on the Order’s original payment amount and currency. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund, which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee.
- Remote AFS may make changes to these Payment Terms from time to time. When these changes are made, Remote AFS will make a new copy of the terms available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use Remote AFS after the date on which the Payment Terms have changed, Remote AFS will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Payment Terms.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER REMOTE AFS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH REMOTE AFS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL REMOTE AFS, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
IN ACCEPTING LIABILITY AS THE LIMITED AUTHORISED PAYMENT COLLECTION AGENT OF ACCOUNTANT, REMOTE AFS AND ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ACCOUNTANT.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
The term “Affiliate” referred to herein, is an entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, or is under the control of, or is under common control with Remote AFS, where control means having more than fifty percent (50%) voting stock or other ownership interest or the majority of voting rights of such entity.